Call of Interest:
The Canadian Wheelchair Sports Association (CWSA) is seeking qualified individuals who are interested in becoming National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developers for the sport of wheelchair rugby.
Coach Developers are trained to develop, support, and challenge coaches to go on honing and improving their knowledge and skills in order to provide positive and effective sport experiences for all participants in wheelchair rugby.
More information can be found on the role of a coach developer on the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) website at the following link: http://coach.ca/coach-developer-training-s16933
· Deliver modules contained in the NCCP Competition-Introduction (Club Coach) workshop for wheelchair rugby;
· Mentor and support coaches who are beginning their coaching journey;
· Prepare materials and other logistics required to deliver a successful workshop;
· Work with other Coach Developers to increase capacity in coach education for wheelchair rugby in Canada.
· In-depth knowledge of the sport of wheelchair rugby;
· Committed to the development of wheelchair rugby coaches in Canada;
· Strong desire to lead;
· Committed to support the vision and core values of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC);
· Committed to constant development of their coaching/facilitation skills;
· Successful completion of either the NCCP Competition-Introduction (Club Coach) NCCP or Competition Development (Performance Coach) wheelchair rugby coaching modules;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong ethical standards and morals;
· Ability to work independently.
Interested applicants need to be available to attend Coach Developer Training in Toronto, Ontario on the dates of January 13 – 15, 2017.
Interested applicants will also need to be available to shadow and micro facilitate an Introduction to Competition workshop scheduled to delivered at the National Team Prospects Camp in Toronto, Ontario. Dates TBC in January. This will be a subsidised training opportunity.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit a resume and short letter expressing your interest:
Adam Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1st, 2016.
This may include:
· Your educational background;
· Your coaching experience;
· Why you would be a good coach developer.